Sunday 12 January 2014

A Change Of Plans

You will have gathered by now that I'm making all of this up as I go along. The original idea for Rock The Charts just popped into my head and I ran with it. But, it needs some changes.

I don't want to short-change the first couple of bands we pick for the actual Rock The Charts attempts, and as supporter numbers have not as yet grown to levels where we can have a real go, I have decided to push the start date back by a couple of months to allow us to continue building our supporter base.

In the meantime we're going to continue promoting bands, we'll keep on bringing you music you may not have heard before. There won't be much Metallica or Muse on our channel, but it might well feature that band who go to college with you.

You may have noticed that I've been asking for bands to be featured rather than just picking them. I'm hoping that this will bring on board bands who are more actively involved and who will work more hand-in-hand with us. The more we grow, the more attractive we should become to bands wanting to promote their work.

Over the coming week we will be showcasing two bands, from Finland we have modern metallers Amendfoil, and from just down the road in Sheffield we're featuring The Black Thunder Revue.
If you want to get involved, either as a band, or as blogger, album or gig reviewer, please do get in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment